Monday, March 2, 2009

Cadiz update

Cadiz Two Month update.

Two months since I’ve arrived in Cadiz and it’s time for another update.

The weather is starting to get better, still cold at night and in the house but it seems promising.

I have a newfound appreciation for box wine.

I think my socks are slowly disappearing…

The people here don’t move for you when you’re walking down the street. (I’m at least twice their size and they won’t even move for me)

I’m pretty glad my family has a dryer instead of hang drying everything.

They don’t eat spicy food here and it’s hard to find hot sauce.

I have yet to try the Chinese food here but I will before my next update.

I am slowly forgetting my Chinese.

I still get bored during the day but once we start going to the beach daily and dominating the beach volleyball courts, the day will pass quicker.

I still miss home and the people there.

Carnaval Summary-

Carnaval is a huge festival here in Cadiz. Cadiz has the second biggest Carnaval in the world only to Rio. My host family told me that the population of Cadiz is around 130,000 and can rise to near 1,000,000 during the first weekend of Carnaval. People sleep on the beaches and the streets. It was absolutely crazy, people everywhere drinking and partying until the morning hours of seven or eight. People dress up like its Halloween but for the whole week.

No comments: