Monday, January 26, 2009

Seville


Seville (Sevilla)

Seville is about 2 hours on train away from Cadiz. Maybe a little closer since we stopped and started a few times. So Saturday morning we had a scavenger hunt around the city of Cadiz and of course my team won. After the scavenger hunt and lunch, we all went to catch the train to Seville at 5:00PM (First time on a train). We get there around 7PM and search the city for our hostel (not hotel, no even the Motel 8) and we finally find it after asking a few people. So we get situated and showered and whatever, then go buy some liquor and come back and drink before going out.

*Side note on hostels* I’m not a huge fan hostels for the lone fact that you don’t get your own bathroom. Other things I could complain about are that the beds are horrible, I could feel the springs in my side when I slept, also the fact that its just four beds in the room the size of mine at home isn’t that cool. Granted we only paid 20 Euros each for the bed, I think four people could have split a decent hotel for five Euros more. But I thank Christina for planning everything and putting it all on her credit card, I wouldn’t have been able to deal with all the people.

*Back to main blog: So we go out, find millions of Americans and it’s just like home. But we go to this bar packed of Americans and if I really wanted this, I could just go home. So we go back to the hostel but can’t find anywhere to buy more alcohol so we just sit around doing nothing, sober.

The next day, we find Starbucks!! I couldn’t seem to decipher drip coffee so I just ordered a latte. Decent, but of course Starbucks in Seattle is better along with the Pike Place Roast. Then we head off to this place called Alcazar, which is some huge fortress type thing, turned into a house, turned into a tourist attraction. Pictures will say more.

Then we head to the Cathedral in Seville. This place is HUGE! I bet mass in there was legit. Hahaha. I took lots of pictures and will post those soon.

You’ll just have to look at the pictures.

Take Care and Happy Chinese New Year.