Wednesday, January 14, 2009

new spain update

Quick notes:
The mom in the house does EVERYTHING. It’s like this at all the other student’s houses too. She cooks, she cleans, she does the laundry… even my laundry! Just like home!

Naptime is for real. My host dad was telling me that he’s the naptime champion. The whole city closes at around 2PM and doesn’t open again until 5 or 6. This time is for lunch and nap.

The coffee here is good but small. No size venti here.

Shopping here is crazy cheap, even though I haven’t found anything to my liking, the girls have found clothes and shoes and boots for fewer than 50 euros. There was a lacoste store but that was REALLY EXPENSIVE, something like 120 euros for a polo.

Smoking is permitted inside here, sucks and makes you stink like shit. There are also cigarette vending machines.

Beer is cheap at the bars at least. I got a beer the other night for 1.50 euros.

I am the only one awake before I leave for class so I watch tv while I eat breakfast and found CNN in English! I was really happy. I generally watch tv with the family but that’s all in Spanish and a little hard to understand.

3 comments:

Camille said...

Yeah I heard that everyone smokes in Europe...

Camille said...

oh right that was Camille by the way LOL

alvinl said...

WTF? Your house mom does your laundry? That is tyte! Naps too? I guess you can't escape nap time. I haven't taken one all quarter. I am jealous.